Wednesday, December 7, 2016

Future improvements

I think changing the review week to a planning week would work better. I found myself kind of scrambling to have a plan of what I wanted to write right before I wrote a story. Here again I'm not the best at planning my moves out very well so having students actually sit down and plan what they think they would want to write would be better in my opinion.

Create writing tutorial. This would be a great idea! Lord knows and I know you know Mrs. Gibbs that I need a lot of help writing stories and proof reading over them! Posting some videos explaining how to find things like would help me a lot throughout the semester so thing could be a great thing to add into the class.

Create thematic reading units. I think this would be a good idea. I did like how we read through both the book that we had so I would change that. On the later parts of the class were we had free choice I think that thematic reading would be a awesome idea because it was hard sometimes to find what I wanted to read since I don't have the greatest knowledge of Indian stories and you do! So I think this would be a great idea!

Another idea I think would work much better for people and there schedules would be changing the due dates at the beginning of the week. I think if you changed the Monday, and Tuesday due dates to having them all due on Wednesday night that would help people free up there schedule. I found it hard to get my reading done and turn in a reading notes blog on Monday and Tuesday, but I had a lot of time on Wednesday to get those reading done. I also think it would be easier for students to remember a Wednesday and Sunday due date rather than remembering to do things for the first 3 days of the week. I think this would have help me a lot in the class to get things done that I skipped out because I couldn't find time or didn't feel like doing on that one night.  


No comments:

Post a Comment