Sunday, December 4, 2016

Growth Mindset: What Fear can teach us

I chose to do my Growth Mindset over the video called "What fear can teach us" by Karen Thompson. This was a very unique video to me because it is all about fear. For myself I don't really feel as though I have that big of fears. You know not the type of fear that will leave me standing stone cold if I image jumping off a cliff or trembling because I saw a snake.

However, in this video she spoken about how all fear can be viewed as stories and how people can think of elaborate fears about almost anything. This is also translated into how we view the fears in our life and really only are worried about the most vivid of fears rather than the fears that are in our life everyday but chose not to worry about. Like instead of thinking about serial killers and whether or not the plane we are boarding is going to crash we should be listening to the slower more sutler fears. For instance, whether or not the food we are cramming in our face is causing a build up in our arteries or one she gave in the video is the gradual change in climate.

So what I learned from this video is not that I don't have fears or that the fears that I have could not come true, but instead of listening to my irrational fear I should be listening to the stories in my head that have meaning and are the truest in my life.
"Fear":Source

Video Source: What fear can teach us.

No comments:

Post a Comment